Monday, March 22, 2010

Comp II unit 7

The past 6 weeks has been interesting. This is the first time I have done a scientific paper. The research I have come across is kinda scary. I am doing my paper on identifying and treating adolescent depression. During some of my research I have discovered that adolescent depression is on the rise, mainly from bullying and poor self esteem of teens. I also found that stories of some as young as 11 and 12 years old that have murdered due to depression. I can not believe someone of that age can committ a murder. That is so young, not even raised yet. It is scary to me to think that children that young and immature have access to weapons that can committ such a crime. It is also sad to hear about the poor family lives they have. Well I need to make my paper a bit longer so I am open for any ideas that may go along with the treatments and identifying of adolescent depression.

1 comment: